Are you a cat-oholic?
It’s 2019 and if you are still thinking about our New Years resolution, no problem! There’s no rule that says you have to have your resolutions down by January 1. In fact, you really have the entire year to figure this out.
That said, there’s no time like the present to become a better person – which means you’ll be a better cat parent! I’ve already admitted that I am a cat-oholic in my previous post where I explain the impetus behind founding Club Cat, Orange County’s first luxury hotel for cats only coming to Irvine this winter. I’ve also admitted that I have NO desire to change that lifelong fact. In fact, I’m proud of my addiction to cats and see it as a strength.
II’ll start. My New Years resolution is to become MORE addicted to cats. With Club Cat opening its doors in a few weeks (more details on this to come shortly!), there’s no better time than the present for you to dig deeply into your soul and figure out if you, too, are a cat-oholic. Because we cat-oholics are a tribe. We must band together for the love of cats and decry all cat-ophobics!
Here are 10 signs you might be obsessed with cats:
- You are highly suspicious of anyone who doesn’t own a cat.
- Your hairdresser gives your short-haired cat “fur extensions” in the winter.
- You read your cat bedtime stories each night. In meow.
- At Christmas, your cat has a stocking that hangs on the fireplace with her name on it.
- Your cats have a clean litter box, bowl of water, and fresh bowl of food. In the car.
- You have a cat fur remover roller stashed in every room. Your clothes are still covered in fur.
- Your human children are Kitty, Cato, and Catalina. Their children are Catticus, Catrina, and Catia.
- You have a shrine to Bastet in your entryway.
- Your cat has his own credit card. You pay it off each month.
- Your dogs know how to purr.
If you can identify with three of more of these scenarios, your cat belongs at Club Cat when you travel!